Trillanes and His Re-electionist Campaign
Aside from the Oakwood mutiny and his arrest, I cannot really remember anything Sen. Trillanes has done in the country. Other writers have referred to him as whiny and dangerous. After his speech in the Senate, Angie Reyes took his life. And the list can go on and on.
But I want to focus in his campaigns. Read below and find for yourself which is true or not.
Trillanes’ claims versus Print Ad
· 4th most productive senator (734 bills and resolutions)
388 – bills/reso in the 15th Congress (as of April 16)
+ 344 – bills/reso in the 14th Congress
Total: 732 only
· 2nd in most number of bills sponsored
In the 15th Congress, under his committee/s, he sponsored only 17 bills, only the 3rd highest number. Escudero sponsored the most number of bills (103), followed by Pia Cayetano (18).
· 2nd in most number of committee hearings conducted
In the 15th Congress, he conducted a total of 27 hearings only for all of his committees and oversight committees.
* Based on data, Senators Pia Cayetano, Escudero, and Marcos conducted the most number of hearings (52 hearings each) for all of their committees. Next was Legarda (43), Recto (39), Angara (38), Pangilinan (36), Revilla Jr. (34), Villar (34), Guingona (32)
· 31 bills passed into law (as author / co-author)
In the 15th Congress, there are only 42 bills (of national application) that were enacted into law. Of these, he co-authored only 10
* In the 14th Congress, he co-authored only 16 laws.
List of 11 bills passed into law:
1) SSL III
2) AFP Modernization Act
3) Early Release of Retirement Benefits
4) Magna Carta for Disabled Persons
5) Archipelagic Baselines Law
6) Philippine Coast Guard Law
7) Military Service Board
8) PNP Education and Promotions Act
9) PAG-IBIG Fund Law
10) Cheaper Medicines Act
11) Expanded Senior Citizens Act
He did file bills on these subjects, which were eventually consolidated into the laws passed.
From valued and credible sources.
Follow the discussion here! #KnowYourCandidate