The year 2011 was good to me.
- Graduated from college (FINALLY!) with latin honors
- Passed the Philippine Nursing Licensure Exam
- First time out of the country — and trip was foh free yow!
- I didn’t need to find work, work came to me (which I thank GOD for a million times. I’m truly blessed)
- Not to mention the people I’ve met and worked with this year are incredibly amazing! Twestival, Juanxi, PdP, Moonleaf plus the countless, albeit absolutely fabulous, events that I’ve been to. My most heartfelt gratitude to the plethora of PR agencies that kept on inviting me. I heart you, guys!
- Started up my own venture with the best of my college friends. You should watch out for Stereotyped‘s next collection!
- First talk about blogging — pretty nerve-wracking but is one of my best days as a blogger, indeed!
Thank you all for being a part of the adventurous year, that is 2011. The adventure hadn’t stopped, but it only have just begun… again! Though I’ve been concealing, in this blog that is, I was jobless and no longer in the PdP team. No it’s not them, it’s me. As much as I love to continue working for them, believe me if I could, I would… but some things, as I always say, have to meet their conclusions. Fortunately for me, friendship never dies and I still get to work with them at times. *cheese alert* It’s just that I miss my team badly.
Here comes 2012, saying hello to me. I think my two-week unemployment starting last Christmas season was necessary to open my eyes to a lot of things – especially to those that I really want to
do achieve in 2012. Yeah I know, kinda foolish. Christmas and jobless. A perfect match. *basks in irony*
But thank God, because up until now, I still can’t figure out how come these things are happening. I have my plans… but definitely His plans are way bigger than I thought they are. I’ll start work in a few days, and you bet I can’t wait to start… TO START A LOT OF THINGS. I won’t (maybe can’t) disclose for now, but it is indeed an exciting turn and it’s just the START of 2012.
This post is growing in length already, but before I forget, I wanna list down 12 things I want to do in 2012.
- SAVE. If last year, this was in the last, now it’s coming in first.
- ACQUIRE a domain name. How does jonverdavid.com sounds to you?
- TAKE a lot of photos… again. Rediscover photography.
- TRAIN. I’m so excited, somebody’s funding my social media training. I’ll make kwento soon!
- READ. I’ve been reading, but I’m not satisfied with the rate I’m running. This forcibly and partly justifies the next goal (haha) —
- BUY an iPad. So I can read more (!) and mobilize my job.
- TRAVEL the
IndochinaSoutheast Asia trail. At least even before the year ends. Vietnam – Cambodia – Laos – Thailand and maybe a ferry to Indonesia, Malaysia, and culminate in Singapore before going back to Manila. My good friend, Hanna Samson of 1 Week and After, and her tips are especially noteworthy!
- PACK lightly, traveling far away or not. Or at least learn how to.
- FIX my room, errrr… space. No matter how asthmatic I can get.
- SLEEP at night, wake up in the morning and work in between. Read this somewhere but I forgot where. I like the idea.
- START the NYC project. Employ the Law of Attraction.
- GET tested. ‘Nuff said.
Simple goals for a simple and successful 2012.